Art & Creative Direction/
WORLD WIDE WEB
- Design web sites including Information Architecture, metaphor, interface & navigation.
- Design, build and optimize 2D & 3D graphics and animations (gif, Flash).
- Thorough knowledge XHTML 1.0, CSS2, and Document Object Model (DOM) specs.
- Design and build Flash and non-Flash animated banners and other promotional
- Work closely with external and internal clients to satisfy expectations.
- Manage development of various online projects to insure timely results.
- Manage and supervise project teams.
Design/Enterprise Site Management:
- Create and prototype information architecture via wireframes and mock-ups.
- Create html templates and CSS for integration with enterprise content
management systems from business requirements documentation.
- Design/implement presentational systems (navigation; image carousels;
- Troubleshoot CMS (content management system) issues; resolve and document.
- Grant and maintain CMS management permissions via AD.
- Create and administer SharePoint sites.
- Design logos, brochures, magazine & newspaper ads, special section
covers & tabloids, newsletters, rate cards, direct mail & catalogs.
- Design & produce promotional art & product illustrations.
- Create promotional concepts & copy.
- Produce marker comps, illustrations & calligraphic art.
- Photographic art direction and product styling.
- Production on all types of print media projects from R.O.P. to 4/C process
including screen printing, POP and packaging.
- All necessary preparation for outside & in-house film output and
printing (clipping paths, collect for output, color correction, 2/C to 4/C
- Supervise staff & freelance artists, co-ordinate with in-house photographer & handle
- Vendor and client relations.
- Assist in hardware & software trouble-shooting.
|July 2008 to present
||AECOM. Senior Web Designer, IT.
|July 2000 to May 2008
||Latimes.com. Art Director, Advertorials.
|Jan. 1998 to May 2000
||San Bernardino County Sun. Creative Services Director.
|Feb. 1997 to 2000
||Freelance Graphic Design. Clients include:
San Bernardino Sun, 1997 PROP Tour, Native Creative Design Group; 94.7
KTWV, The Wave; Orange County Auto Trader; Havana Studios; Tom Leykis Show;
- Interactive Multimedia Training Program, North Orange County Community
College District: Certificate of Completion, 1997. Designed and produced
various interactive titles for CD-ROM and other formats.
- California State University at Long Beach, 1975-76. Major: Graphic Arts
- Long Beach Community College, 1972-1974. Major: Business
Quark XPress; Adobe CS4 Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects,
Flash, Dreamweaver and Acrobat); Auto•d•sys form•Z; Microsoft
3.0; Vignette Enterprise Content Management 8.0; SharePoint 2010
- Proficient on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.